THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
The recruitment process at Kennards is quick and easy ! We want to ensure a seamless experience online, over the phone and face to face.
Generally our recruitment process involves:
- Submitting an application online HERE
- Shortlisting applicants
- We conduct a short phone interview
- This is to find out a little about you, why you want to work for us, and explain what the role involves
- Shortlisted applicants will then be invited for a face to face interview
- Successful applicants may then be asked to provide referees
- We then make an offer
NOTE – This process is a general guideline. At any stage, we will get back to unsuccessful applicants either by phone or email.
What can I expect from the phone interview?
The phone interview is an informal chat to see why you applied for this role. We may ask:
- What do you know about Kennards hire?
- What are your long term career aspirations?
- What do you think the job involves?
- What is your availability to work, should you be successful?
- What is your notice period from your current employer/ when can you start?
If we didn’t catch you, we will leave you a voicemail message and try again in a few hours.
Face to Face Interview
For our branch roles, the face to face interview is generally with the Branch and Area Manager. This interview focusses on the role itself. The managers will ask for examples of times that you have demonstrated certain skills or abilities, closely aligned to the role you are applying for.
What do I bring with me to the face to face interview?
We will email you with confirmation of all the details that you need to know and what information you need to bring with you. Don’t forget to try and get there 10 – 15 minutes early for your interview. Look around the branch and introduce yourself to the team. Our staff are very friendly and are there to help.
What do I wear to the face to face interview?
Dress to impress! For branch roles, we recommend dressing smart casual. For our support roles, we recommend dressing in corporate attire.
How do I prepare for the interview?
Do some research about our company history and equipment. Our website will help you with this.
Know your resume inside out. We may ask you questions around your previous experience, qualifications and travel distance to the branch.